Monday, December 12, 2005

Near Cabo Gata, Spain (places)

The photo below was the third slingshot I've made and worn. The material was metallic blue with the two pieces on the front and back contected by blue chain which went either side of my neck. The chain was inspired from one of the Ironman swimsuit videos (which contain a lot of Colleen Kelly's slings) which has Ahmo Hight in a shower on the beach wearing a sling where the two strings on the back are made out of pearls.

It was taken within a days sail of Cabo Gata (where they filmed spaghetti westerns). I rowed ashore to this beach which was directly below a car park. This was the first time I'd worn a slingshot in such a public place so I picked this one because I'd decided the other two slings were to small . Compared to the slingshots I wear now there seems to be a lot of material.

I decided to go for a walk so put on my sarong and tshirt. Why a sarong? You can vary the length based on the time of day and it protects you from sunburning also I find they keep you cooler under the sun. Once I'd climbed away from the beach and got to the road I removed by tshirt. It was deserted apart from two cars in the car park, in the distance I saw two people walking towards me. Should I put my tshirt on?

I quickly decided the answer was no because I was wearing my sarong and the thought of them trying to work out how the string run would be good fun. About 30 seconds after they passed me I decided to return to the beach. This was the first time they has seen a sling from the way they kept glancing back.

Getting back to the rocks down to the beach a policeman on a dune buggy drove by. I'd just put my tshirt incase I mis-steped (I was bare foot) on the sharp rocks while climbing down. Once back at the beach of came the tshirt and sarong and I took this photo to prove to myself I did this. Now the world can see I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment