Thursday, February 09, 2006

Two yellow slingshots (mysling)

I've mentioned my yellow slingshots a few times so here is a preview of the back style for two of them. However, the natural light of the first one has made it look green.

The two strings coming down from the neck merge into on about half way down the back, a bit like Sable's purple and green sling I'd seen elsewhere. I almost wore this to work with a light coloured shirt, luckily I checked in a mirror and saw how much it shows though other material. Will I have the courage to wear it to the shops under a light coloured tshirt this summer?
The following is probably the most comfortable slingshot I've ever made or worn. The string on the back has a diameter of over 1 cm and experiments have shown that a string half the thickness, in this yellow, can be seen from over 100 metres away. It will be exciting to wear it while anchored off very busy beaches which are usually this close. I imagine the number of people who have seen me wearing my slings will pass the 10000 mark. (ten thousand) If you are visiting the beaches on the Canary Islands this summer keep an eye out on the boats anchored.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:53 PM

    I love your all the photos and stories you have to share but I have a few to share with you if you want. Send me an email at rocknrolljunky@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Send me an email. I make and wear slingshots myself. See http://www.MardiGrasManor.org

    Onward,
    strpr-

    ReplyDelete