Monday, January 02, 2006

Santa Teresa di Gallura (places)

I wore my pale yellow slingshot with black strings on these two beaches which are on the northern coast of Sardina. This posting is about the left hand beach where the Grand Hotel Colonna Capo Testa overlooks one end of the beach.

I rowed ashore on the right hand beach at about 0800 and walked barefoot across the road to the beach. This white tent below is near the main entrance to the beach and someone was preparing the sand for the seats and green umbrellas. I passed a rope that indicated where the public could use the beach.

Between the beach and the road were some large green plants with paths leading towards the road. I changed into my slingshot and cotton wrap in one of these gaps. Once changed I went for a quick swim before deciding to walk towards the hotel. Once I got there the sand turned to rocks so I had to turn around. It was at this point I decided it was time to wear just the slingshot so took of the wrap.

I got back close to the rope after passing a couple of people who were walking the other way. I put out my towel and let my heart beat reduce. Should I leave everything and walk the beach wearing only my sling and carrying nothing else? If someone nicked my stuff I would have nothing else to wear.

I went for a quick swim and on leaving the water started walking towards the hotel without picking up my stuff. The sun was warm against my skin and the rush of walking in only my sling caused me to have a dip infront of the hotel. I walked most of the way back to my things before deciding I would attempt to walk on the rocks outside the hotel. I gave up eventually are returned to my things near the rope.

It was about 0900 when I decided it was time for me to row back. Should I wear my slingshot? Yes, I decided I would wear my wrap so people could see the strings of the sling and try and work out how they went.

I just done this when two families arrived (a family of 3 and 5 ). They looked over my direction and then setup for the day. I sat up considering if I should stop wearing my sling? No, I stood and walked passed them.

I was about half way to the exit when another family of four made me change my mind. A quick dip and I was no longer wearing my sling. This lasted about 5 minutes when I got to the right hand beach and decided to put it on again. But that's a different beach so the account of cars and coaches using the road will have to wait until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment