Monday, December 05, 2005

Es Grau (place)

I visited Es Grau in Minorca. This photo shows the beaches, car park, roads and nature reserve where I've worn my slingshot.


The first time I visited I took some photos of my slingshot. Look below for my blue slingshot.

On the second visit I couldn't carry the camera because this was the first time I'd swam ashore wearing only my slingshot and cotton wrap, having left my shorts tied to the side of the boat.


I swam ashore to this beach, it was slighty awkward walking bare foot on the rock strewn path to get to the beach.

It took me about 5 minutes of walking along the beach to take of my wrap. The same material used for the wrap was used for slingshot, the very light yellow was slighly seethrough when damp. I walked to the exit of the beach and walked back to some boats for hire.

It was about 8 in the morning when I put my wrap on and walked through the car park to the road that leads out of the town towards the entrance to the nature reserve. Someone walking their dog smiled as I continued on. I almost turned around when I had to pass the entrance to a hotel where a Range Rover was waiting to leave. Getting within a metre of the windows increased my heart beat but I pushed on to the park. Once in park I took of my wrap and sat on the bridge a few minutes in. There is a loop, with a woodern walkway which I followed.

I almost returned to the beach via the direct entrance from the park. However, I decided to walk back along the road. Again a couple of cars at the hotel almost made me turn round. The beach was slightly busier so I walked the length and back again before swimming back to the boat.

A picture of me in the nature reserve wearing my white slingshot with a teardrop front and two string back taken on my first visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment